Moved!

Shades of Mana is no longer being updated. Instead of blogging about different games on different blogs, all of my gaming stuff can now be found at www.outsydergaming.com.

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Getting Back Into the Game

Magic: The Gathering card backImage via Wikipedia

Truth be told, I haven't played Magic: The Gathering in months. In fact, I don't have much of a clue what decks are being played in the new standard, much less any innovations that might have been made in extended. In fact, the last time I played it was because my wife bought me a booster box for my birthday (back in October) and we drafted during my birthday party. Because I'm so far behind, I doubt I'll be much good in a tournament anytime soon (mainly because I just don't have the money to get caught up). However, I'd love to play some casual games to get back in the groove, so I've been looking over the set I missed (Conflux full visual spoiler on wizards.com) and the set that will come out soon (Alara Reborn spoiler on MtGSalvation.com).

I am incredibly excited to see cards like Ethercaste Knight and Pale Recluse, which are simple but useful and (best of all) common. I'm looking forward to actually getting my hands on some new cards and playing a bit. Perhaps I can convince some friends to draft with me sometime soon...
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments:

My Blog List

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP